Friday, October 5, 2012

Plans are falling into place

How amazing is it outside? Fall has to be my favorite season, despite the allergies that naturally tag along with it.

I'm incredibly excited about today and not just because it's Friday. In just one year Devin and I will be getting all spiffed up for our wedding. Oh, yes, we're engaged, remember?

Now, I'm not going to get all countdown-happy on you because that's a bit obsessive and doesn't make for an enjoyable read. If I feel the need, I can always have The Knot remind me of how many days we have left to finalize everything.

I've been dress shopping a few times, but until just a few weeks ago, I hadn't had that one moment. The moment when your standing in front of a bridal salon mirror, and everything becomes real. The moment when you want to say "Yes" to the dress.

I didn't expect to have that moment. Seeing dresses all day, every day has almost made me numb to the process. Certain designer gowns are more my taste than others, and I've done all the pinning and browsing I can possibly do to get an idea of the dress that will be just right.

Even still, I haven't said "Yes," and I still have a desire to shop around, but one dress has caught my attention. And it's been on my mind a lot. That's a good sign, right?

So, the planning and organizing must continue. I'm just thankful we agreed on a super-small celebration. I don't know how I could possibly handle planning for hundreds of guests.

Here's to being one step closer to walking down the aisle. *Cheers*

**Update: We said, "I do!" Check out a small sample of our amazing photographer's work: http://tfreephotography.com/west-omaha-outdoor-wedding-photographers-devin-lois/

No comments:

Post a Comment