Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it Lent already?

I feel like I've been missing something lately, besides the whole making-time-to-write-a-blog thing. Not being able to get out of bed when my alarm goes off is a horrible habit, but worse yet, my cat is failing at her back-up alarm duties.
Normally if I don't get up or crawl back into bed, she would be tapping, biting or jumping on me because 6 a.m. is breakfast time. Lately, she keeps on sleeping with me, totally defeating her "purpose." Hey, she doesn't clean while we're gone all day, and she certainly doesn't occasionally surprise us with a prepared meal. So, a push out of bed in the morning isn't asking much.
Take this morning for example: Both alarms went off...and again...and there I am, still snuggled under my sheets at 7:27 a.m., when I'm supposed to leave around 7:30 to get to Wisner by 8. Ugh.
Begin the mad dash. Devin was sweet enough to make me breakfast and lunch and an afternoon snack before I ran out the door. But still, I was missing something, like my original train of thought before I got into my inability to wake up. I feel like I haven't had coffee for weeks, and it really hits me when I get to work and stare at the computer for hours. Sure, I've had the occasional latte when I actually have enough time to stop at The Coffee Shoppe before leaving town, but my coffee maker has been neglected. It's like I gave up coffee for Lent, which would be the worst decision ever.
Tonight I fired it up again for a pot of sweet caramel coffee. Most amazing. Maybe tonight I'll get the coffee maker ready and set it to brew at 5:30 a.m. so I can get back to the routine. Maybe I won't get any sleep tonight. Anyway, I have another cup to drink. *Cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment