Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sipping on the sidelines

One day I had a craving (says every woman).

I had wanted tacos for a meal for probably a good week and a half. Fish tacos, specifically. But with the new house and summer activities, Devin and I just didn't have time for a detailed dinner. Finally we had an available evening, and Devin whipped up some yumminess. You just wait and see.



Mise en place

With the charcoal heating up, he prepped onion, peppers, tomatoes, mango and lime. All kinds of fresh goodness. Then he roasted some red peppers, added a few spices and blended up a fabulous chipotle mayo.


Yes, that would be awesomesauce.

I sometimes feel bad for merely sitting on the sidelines, sipping wine, while Devin prepares a meal in front of me, but it's truly fun to watch him work and take in the smells and flavors (yes, I try to sneak samples) that continue to develop throughout the process.



Are you drooling yet? You should be. But we're not actually having fish tacos.

YEAH TOAST

Fish taco crostini? Are you kidding me? I'm in.

One thing about Devin is that not only does he have a natural knack for combining multiple flavors beautifully, but he also strives for visual appeal on the plate. It definitely takes some patience and a lot more time than calling for a delivery pizza, but this route is way more satisfying and impressive. Bold fruits and vegetables and grill marks turned out colorful, savory, smoky little bites.


That makes LoLo a happy girl.

Here's to meals that make you say wow, that's good with every bite. *Cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment